While some of these mom chats are available on chat web sites, others are accessible directly from your favorite IM clients.
For more, check out my list of top free chat rooms on IM.
Mom Chat Rooms
- AIM Parents Support. For moms with children, AIM's Parents Support is a great chat room for meeting and chatting with other moms and trading tips and advice.
- ICQ Women's Chat. While not necessarily a mom chat, ICQ's Women's Chat often features a number of moms and chatters talking about women's issues.
- Yahoo's Parenting Chat Room. Looking to meet other moms and dads just like you? Yahoo Messenger's Parenting chat offers access to a wide variety of people and topics.
- MomtoMomChat.com. This clearinghouse site for parenting information and products also offers a number of discussion groups and a mom chat room to meet others and discuss parenting issues.
- MomChats.com. Want to meet new friends and other moms? MomChats.com is a great web site for chatting with other moms, relaxing, talking shop and more.
- CafeMom.com. Perhaps the most impressive mom chat community I cam across, CafeMom.com offers a wide community of interests and chat rooms moms of all walks of life will enjoy.
- MommyChats.com. Founded on the premise of developing mom-to-mom support, MommyChats.com is a chat community for moms seeking parenting support.
Mom ForumsWhile these aren't necessarily mom chat rooms, these About.com forums are great places to chat with other moms.
Computing Forum. An exciting forum for moms and
dads interested in chatting about web sites, video games and
more online resources for kids.
Ages and Stages
- Baby's First Year. New mom? Chat with other new moms here.
- Preschoolers. Chat with moms of preschoolers.
- School-Age Children. Chat with moms of school-aged children.
- Teens. Chat with moms of teenagers.
- Toddlers. Chat with moms of toddlers.
- Tweens. Chat with moms of tweens.
- Young Adults. Chat with moms of young adults.
More: Parenting & Family Guidesites on About.com