Follow these easy instructions to get started:
- Navigate your web browser to the Adium website.
- Locate the download link under the Adium duck.
- Click the link to begin your download of the IM client software.
Always remember, if you are using a public computer, for example at a library or Internet cafe, or you are at work or school, make sure to ask your information technology authorities before you install any IM client applications.
Adium 1.4 System Requirements
Prior to downloading and installing your Adium messenger software, make sure your Mac meets the following specifications and recommendations to ensure the best IM experience:
- Internet connection (Broadband and higher recommended)
- Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard) and above
- Webcam for video chat
- Headset microphone recommended for webcam chat
If your Mac meets the requirements, it is always recommended to download the latest version of the client application.
What's New in Adium 1.4?
Not sure you should download the latest version of Adium yet? The updated software features many bug fixes, addressing OS X Lion issues on Adium and other problems, including:
- Fix for a security vulnerability found during file transfers
- Crashes and MSN problems related to libpurple
- Fix for Facebook Chat connectivity
- Fix for connecting AIM/ICQ while using a proxy server
- Fix for loading the Twitter "Following" list
- Updated language support in British English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese and Swedish.
You can read more about these bug fixes and more by checking out the Adium Version History report from their website.