To use the Windows Live Messenger sign in, follow these simple steps:
How to Sign In to Windows Live Messenger
- In the field provided, enter your Windows Live ID and password.
- Windows Live Messenger users can also choose the following options, prior to signing in to the IM client:
- Availability: By default, users can sign in to Windows Live Messenger as "available," but you might also choose "busy," "away," or even "appear offline," to prevent from receiving IMs from anyone other than who you initiate an IM session.
- Remember Me: Choose this option if you want the computer to remember your Windows Live ID. This option should not be chosen if you are using a public computer.
- Remember My Password: Choose this option if you want the computer to remember your Windows Live password. This option should also not be chosen if you are using a public computer.
- Automatic Sign In: The automatic sign in option allows Windows Live Messenger to automatically start when you open the IM client. This option should also not be chosen if you are using a public computer.
- Once you have entered your Windows Live account information, and chosen any appropriate options, click "Sign in" to login to Windows Live Messenger.
You are now ready to start using Windows Live Messenger! Are you a beginner? Check out our illustrated tutorials and more in our Windows Live Messenger Tips and Tricks Guide.