But, before you can start using the instant messaging app on your Android device, you must first download and install the program software from the Android Market. Facebook Messenger for Android is free to download and use.
How to Locate, Use the Android Market
Follow these easy steps to find and open the Android Market:
- Find the Android Market shopping bag icon in your apps folder.
- Select the icon to open the Market on your device.
- Once launched, you can browse and download apps to your phone.
Search for Facebook Messenger for Android
Once you have opened the Android Market, you will need to search for the Facebook Messenger mobile software for your device. Follow these steps to get started:
- Locate the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the icon, and type "Facebook" into the search field.
- Select "Facebook Messenger" from the results menu.