For AIM users without access to mobile web on their cell phone or who cannot otherwise use AIM Mobile, the AIM TXT service is a great way to keep in touch with friends and family via AIM while away from the computer.
Read on to learn how to start accessing AIM TXT right from your text messages.
Login to AIM TXTTo login to AIM TXT, send a text with the words "login" to 246246. AIM will then prompt you to send your Screen Name and password. Once you have replied, you will be signed in to the AIM TXT service.
AIM TXT CommandsAfter you have logged in to AIM TXT, you can use the bolded text commands (or the corresponding number) below by sending them to 246246:
- logout - Logs your Screen name out of AIM TXT.
- status - Updates your AIM Status Message. Send the words "status" plus your status message update.
- send - Sends an IM. Send the words "send" plus your AIM Buddy's Screen Name, plus your message.
- avail - Sets AIM to appear online.
- away - Sets AIM to appear away and unavailable to talk.
- invis - Sets AIM to invisible.
- bl - Displays Online Buddies
- switchsn - Login with another Screen Name
- help - Lists AIM TXT Commands
Add/Delete Buddy Commands
- add - Adds Buddy to your Buddy List
- del - Deletes Buddy from your Buddy List
Note: AIM TXT is available in the U.S. only. May not be availble on all carriers and cell phones. Cell phone users may incur wireless Internet, texting or other charges by using AIM TXT. Check with your service carrier and phone manual for details.