Clearing Facebook Chat History from the IM Window
The first action we will cover is how to clear your chat window of old chat history. Some people would like to do this for the purpose of starting a new chat without the distraction of old text hovering above, while others seek to hide the information from potentially prying eyes. Here's how to clear the Facebook Chat history from the IM window:
- Start a Facebook Chat IM with another user.
- Locate the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner of the IM window.
- Choose "Clear Window" from the drop-down menu.
Your chat window should now be free of any previous messages sent. While this is a temporary solution to keeping your past conversations from appearing on screen, this does not permanently delete the records.
Learn how to delete Facebook Chat history for good in step two.
A Guide to Facebook Chat History
- How to Find Your Facebook Chat History
- How to Clear Facebook Chat History from IM Windows
- Delete Facebook Chat History Permanently
- How to Select, Delete Individual Facebook Chat History Records
- Facebook Chat History Logger for Chrome
- Facebook Chat History Manager for Firefox